Created in 2010, the Certified Restaurant Facility Professional (CRFP) certification program is designed to:
- Elevate restaurant facility management standards
- Increase the individual core competencies and knowledge base
- Designate restaurant facility professionals who demonstrate the knowledge and competencies necessary to manage restaurant facilities
Why Become a CRFP?
- Competitive Career Advantage
The CRFP designation conveys to others your expertise in the restaurant facility management industry.
- Recognition of Your Achievement
All new CRFP’s are recognized in RFMA's Facilitator magazine, at RFMA's Annual Conference awards session and a formal letter is sent directly to your employer by RFMA.
- Certificate of Achievement
A certificate attesting to your achievement from the Restaurant Facility Management Association.
- CRFP Logo
Authority to use the CRFP designation on letterhead, business cards, email signature, etc.
- CRFP Network
As a CRFP you will be a part of an esteemed group of Restaurant Facility Professional. You will be invited to our annual CRFP Breakfast held at the RFMA Annual Conference and be listed within our online CRFP directory.
- CRFP Verification
HR verification CRFP standing by RFMA Certification department
To become a Certified Restaurant Facility Professional you will need to pass our CRFP Designation Exam. The composition of the CRFP exam is guided by extensive research on the job tasks performed and knowledge needed by restaurant facility management professionals. The research included a job task analysis survey and the input from Subject Matter Experts to determine the areas of expertise.
- Competency based exam. No formal prerequisites, but it is suggested to have 3-5 years of experience in a full service restaurant facilities department.
- Consists of 14 areas of knowledge covering all aspects of restaurant facility management.
Section 1.0 - Site Work- 6%
Section 2.0 - Building Components- 23%
Section 3.0 - Kitchen Equipment- 12%
Section 4.0 - HVAC Systems- 5%
Section 5.0 - Electrical Systems- 3%
Section 6.0 - Plumbing Systems- 21%
Section 7.0 - Preventative Maintenance and Cyclical Services- 6%
Section 8.0 - Disaster Management- 3%
Section 9.0 - Energy Management- 2%
Section 10.0 - Financial Planning- 7%
Section 11.0 - Financial Management- 2%
Section 12.0 - Project Management- 6%
Section 13.0 - Property Management- 1%
Section 14.0 - Codes and Guidelines- 3%
- Consists of 190 questions delivered electronically through the KRYTERION Webassessor secure platform at a proctored location. The proctured exam can be scheduled at a variety of nationwide locations.
- CRFP Designation Exam Fee
RFMA Members: $300.00
Non-RFMA Members: $450.00
Not a RFMA member? Click here to join
Roadmap to Successfully Attaining Your CRFP
1. Earn your experience (3 to 5 years) as a restaurant facility management professional
2. Finish the CRFP Prep Course
To meet the needs of training restaurant facilities professionals, RFMA created a resource to aid individuals interested in earning their designation. The CRFP Prep Course is a member benefit available to all RFMA members. The course is available to non-members at the nonmember rate. Click here to access the course.
3. Successfully complete the unproctored online CRFP Prep Course Final Exam
4. Sit for the proctored CRFP exam
5. Join the elite ranks of those who have achieved their CRFP designation!