Created in 2010, the Certified Restaurant Facility Professional (CRFP) certification program is designed to:
- Elevate restaurant facility management standards
- Increase the individual core competencies and knowledge base
- Designate restaurant facility professionals who demonstrate the knowledge and competencies necessary to manage restaurant facilities
Why Become a CRFP?
- Competitive Marketing Advantage
The CRFP designation conveys to others your expertise in the restaurant facility management industry.
- Recognition of Your Achievement
All new CRFP’s are recognized in the Dish Newsletter and the Association News section of Facilitator magazine, recognition at the annual conference awards session and, a formal letter is sent directly to your employer by RFMA.
- Certificate of Achievement
A certificate attesting to your achieving the Restaurant Facility Management Association’s highest designation.
- CRFP Logo
Authority to use the CRFP designation on letterhead, business cards, and all forms and address.
- CRFP Directory
Your listing within the CRFP online directory located on the RFMA website.
- CRFP Verification
HR verification CRFP standing by RFMA Certification department
To become a Certified Restaurant Facility Professional you will need to pass our CRFP Designation Exam. The composition of the CRFP exam is guided by extensive research on the job tasks performed and knowledge needed by restaurant facility management professionals. The research included a job task analysis survey and the input from Subject Matter Experts to determine the areas of expertise.
-Competency based and there are no prerequisites, but it is suggested to have 3-5 years of experience in a full service restaurant facilities department.
-Consists of 14 areas of knowledge covering all aspects of restaurant facility management.
-Consists of 190 questions delivered electronically through the KRYTERION Webassessor secure platform at a proctored location.
-A proctored exam that can be scheduled at a variety of nationwide locations.
CRFP Designation Exam Fee: RFMA Members: $300.00
Non-RFMA Members: $650.00
Learn more about our CRFP Designation Exam here
Roadmap to Successfully Attaining Your CRFP
1. Earn your experience (3 to 5 years) as a restaurant facility management professional
2. Finish the CRFP Prep Course
To meet the needs of training restaurant facilities professionals, RFMA created a resource to aid individuals interested in earning their designation. The CRFP Prep Course is a member benefit available to all RFMA members. The course is available to non-members at the nonmember rate. Click here to access the course.
3. Successfully complete the unproctored online CRFP Prep Course Final Exam
4. Sit for the proctored CRFP exam
5. Join the elite ranks of those who have achieved their CRFP designation!