Being a long time member of RFMA, I was well aware of RFMA GIVES and the generosity of our members.
As a Co-Chair to the Nashville RFMA GIVES project, I am just beginning to realize the extent of that generosity.
I am blown away by the number of people of have called/text Jeff Dover, Gordon Bruner, and myself to volunteer to help on this year's project. Some of the projects are just starting to take shape, I wish I could put in words the looks of excitement on the faces of the employees, volunteers, and diners at the Journey Home! Thank you so much to all that have stepped up to assist!
Here is a quick breakdown of what has occurred so far:
We have a commitment for the following:
* Walk end freezer (something they currently don't have!), supplied by Mobile Fixture
* Roof replacement, supplied by Versico
* Asphalt repair and re-striping, courtesy of Ben's Asphalt
* Stainless steel counters for the kitchen. (Includes installation), by Florida Stainless
* Kitchen Remodel work, supplied by Ameritech
* Dining room expansion/remodel, courtesy of VMC Facilities
* New ceiling in dining room, supplied by Horizon Construction
* Remodel restrooms, supplied by Sapphire Construction
* Hood cleaning and grease trap pumping, courtesy of AFM Inc.
* Air conditioning units, supplied by Rheem
* Periodic a/c filter changes, supplied by National Filter Service
*Coffee makers, supplied by Integra Service Group and Chain Store Maintenance
* Small wares for the kitchen, supplied by Clark Service Group
* LED lighting, courtesy of Restaurant Lighting Concepts
* New chairs for the dining room (already delivered), supplied by Olive Garden (Darden)
* Paint for the September 12th work day, supplied by Benjamin Moore
* A new dish machine, courtesy of Darden
* New t-stats and energy management system, supplied by Entouch Controls
* Food safety training, courtesy of Food Safety Training
* Video production of entire RFMA Gives project, supplied by DWM Inc.
* Replace interior staircase, supplied by Chipotle
* Water Filtration, supplied by 3M
* New kitchen equipment, supplied by Panera Bread
* BOH remodel/WIF electrical work, supplied by Stones River Electric
There were quite a few additional commitments that we are following up on. I am sure there will be some that I will fail to mention. Please accept my apologies if I fail to mention them!
If you haven't committed to a particular task, there is still time to sign up! Just let Jeff, Gordon, or myself know!
There are several items we are looking for. They include:
- Replacement of an inoperable security system, including cameras, burglar and fire alarms.
- Rectangular and square tables.
- Floor tile and installation for the restrooms.
- Can anyone supply and install some metal exterior stairs? We could really use this one ASAP!
Also, if you haven't already done so, don't forget to register for the Volunteer Day scheduled on Saturday, Sept. 12th. To register, click here or visit our Event Calendar.
For all you history buffs - Did you know?
Just two miles from the Journey Home is the Stones River National Battlefield. It is the site of the 3rd bloodiest battle in the Civil War. It has great walking trails, and a historic museum on site. Plan to spend some time at the battlefield either before or after the September 12th work day! Murfreesboro (and the Journey Home) is only about a half hour drive from the downtown Nashville area.
Thanks again for all that you have and will do on this project.
RFMA GIVES - Nashville