Hello RFMA members,
Wow, what a great Volunteer Day on Sept. 23rd at the Salvation Army in Phoenix. The weather was great and everyone's efforts were outstanding. I continue to be amazed by our membership's passion for giving back. Thanks to all who participated!! We had over 160 people on site painting the interior of the residence building, landscaping their exterior break area, and sorting and organizing clothes in the warehouse that will be sent to their local Thrift Stores. Additionally there were several mechanical & electrical repairs completed throughout the facilities. Also, the local Chipotle team led by Craig Buck completely gutted and remodeled four(4) individual restrooms. Special thanks to the following Project Leaders for their help:
- Keith Moore, US Exterior Maintenance & Repair
- Rory Moore, US Exterior Maintenance & Repair
- Teresa Phelps, DENTCO
- Kailee DeWitt, DENTCO
- Avis Jaradi, Northstar Painting
- Brianne Rechy, Parts Town
I also want to thank the overall Co-Project Managers for their excellent planning and coordination: Tim Vanacker, CRFP, from Desert West Builders, Micah Dyer, CRFP, from Legacy Air, and Vern Huskey from Starbucks.
Finally, I would like to thank the following companies who contributed directly to this great event:
- US Exterior Maintenance and Repair and DMC Facility Services for supplying paint.
- Paint Folks and Northstar Painting for supplying the paint sundries.
- DENTCO for all the landscaping materials and equipment.
- Cintas Managed Solutions for supplying the shirts, gloves, googles, and First Aid Kit.
- Starbucks for providing breakfast.
- P.F. Chang's for supplying lunch.
- Kinetico/Selecto for providing filtered water with reuable containers.
- Eco Trak Facility Management for providing towels.
- Pack-A-Drum for the trash bags.
- Legacy Air for warehousing materials.
- Westrock for supplying the dumpster.
Attached are a few photos showing the landscaping and clothes organizing during the Volunteer Day along with a group photo. Additionally their are a few pictures of some of the projects that are underway, namely the large community restroom remodel and the new kitchen exterior door donated and installed by Vortex Industries. The community restroom project is being supervised and completed by the following members:
- CGP Construction
- TDI Industries
- Creative Materials Corporation, thru the help from Panda Restaurant Group
- Ferguson Plumbing Supply
- Fox Restaurants
- Desert West Builders
- Vern Huskey, Starbucks
Also, all the interior ceiling light fixtures in the first and second floors of the residence building were replaced with new energy efficient LED type. the fixtures were supplied by Vixxo Sign and Lighting and installed by Legacy Air. They look great.
Stay tuned for more updates!!
Thanks again so much for your continued support.
Dover and out.