Hello RFMA members,
Well, it was a battle but we finally received the building permit for the remaining work at the Daily Bread. There was a lot of behind the scenes support but a special thanks goes out to our architect, Scott Malenock, AIA, and one of the PM's, Ron Wilhite, CRFP. Work underway is as follows:
- Plumbing, new lines have been run in the foundation of the kitchen and several other plumbing jobs are currently being completed thanks to Roto-Rooter. Some supplies were generously donated by Florida Stainless.
- Electrical, new panels have been installed and several circuits have been ran in anticipation of the final kitchen remodel which is scheduled to start in mid to late June. Thanks to Facility Solutions for obtaining a local electrical contractor (Solaris) to complete. Also, special thanks to Stones River Electric for supplying almost all the materials along with Restaurant Lighting Concepts for the new exterior wall scone fixtures.
- A/C installations, new a/c units have been installed and the Daily Bread is much cooler. Some of these units haven't worked for years. Thanks to Performance Air for the installations and Trane and Johnson Controls for the equipment.
- Dining room ceiling, all the tiles have been replaced along with the light fixtures. Thanks to VMC Facilities for supplying and installing the tiles and lights and thanks to Stones River Electric, again, for supplying all new LED fixtures. It looks great and will save precious dollars on utilities.
- Demo work, thanks to Regions Facility Services, several areas of the kitchen and electrical room were demoed in anticipation of the electrical and plumbing work.
- Pest control, Amazing Pest Control provided their services to complete several treatments in vermin infested areas.
- Warehousing, thanks to National Distribution Service for providing needed storage space for equipment being, and soon to be used for the various projects.
- Special shout out to Pavement Exchange who was able to provide much needed funds to cover the cost of the masonry work throughout the building, which is scheduled to begin in mid-June. They, along with the following companies donated the money: Murphy Paving and Sealing, Atlantic Southern, Tibbs Paving, C&K Asphalt, Delaware Valley Paving, Alexander Sealcoating and Paving, Asphalt Solutions, AMERICOAT, and A&R Sealcoating.
- Dumpster, thanks to Waste Management for supplying a few construction dumpsters for the projects.
- Lastly, big thanks to the Project Managers, Ron Wilhite, CRFP of Regions Facility Services and Mark Gomolla, CRFP of Red Robin Gorment Burgers. They have been tirelessly working on coordinating and completing these projects.
The Daily Bread employees have been great to work with and very patient with all the activities that have been happening. They continue to provide wonderful support to the local homeless community.
Stay tuned for more updates, thanks, and photos as the project progresses.
I'm truly sorry if I missed anyone or any company that has generously donated to these jobs.
Dover and out.