A big thank you is in order. For what you ask? For making it to the blog and clicking forward to learn more about the RFMA GIVES 2015 event. We are excited you are interested in learning more. REMEMBER: this is your event. As a member of RFMA, this event is all about you and what you can do to improve the lives of others by volunteering your time/resources to do what you do best (I.e. Improving facilities, solving problems, and doing more with less).
We will use this blog to share updates on project events, project accomplishments, and what our needs are so you can help us connect ECTLC's needs with our membership's amazing resources and willingness to step up and help others.
Still interested? Ok, then not only should you keep reading, but please make sure you subscribe to the blog so all future updates get pushed to you automatically as they are created.
Here are some key bits of information we'd like to share with you:
What are we planning to do for the facility at ECTLC?
As much as we can. We have identified many repairs, equipments replacements/ additions, and improvements that will not only improve their ability to serve the people whose lives they are transforming, but also ensure the limited funds of ECTLC are used for other purposes that can more greatly impact lives. In addition, we plan to do work that will improve the image and warmth of the center so that it's residents feel more at home and comfortable as they look to improve their situation in life. Will we do everything we have targeted? Maybe not, but we will not limit ourselves as we never know what opportunities may present themselves through our membership.
When will work occur and When will the volunteer event be?
We are working on all those details, but we have a general idea for both. Work will be grouped into sub projects and will be started once we secure all the necessary resources for each individual sub project. Examples of a few sub projects are the installation of a grease interceptor, renovation of the lobby area, and the modification of the cookline area.
Our plan is to complete all Sub projects some time between August and November. It is also our plan to have the volunteer event occur in late October or early-to-mid November of 2014. More details on the volunteer event date will be provided in a month or so.
What are some key areas of work we are still looking to fulfill or get leads on?
We are getting great commitments on many of our needs. We also have some good leads on many of our other needs. We do still have items we need leads or support on as not much has been offered on them as of yet. If you have any ideas or leads on the following items, we would greatly appreciate your help in connecting the need with someone else's ability to assist. Items or areas are:
- Stainless steel tables for cookline as well as 4-compartment sink and prep sink/table
- Playground equipment and playground area turf
- Outdoor furniture/ picnic tables
- Local resource to assist with the management/coordination of a sub project
- Walkin freezer (outdoor unit)
- Parking lot repairs/ seal coat
- Painting supplies
What kind of activity is occurring at ECTLC so far by RFMA?
- Many vendors have been volunteering their resources and labor for many of the needs we posted for ECTLC. You will learn more about these as work by each vendor commences at the site.
- Site visits/tours have been made by CGP construction, Classic installs, West Coast construction, and Starbucks. This week visits will be made by Aire Rite and Taco Bell.
- CGP construction has mobilized resources to renovate 4 rooms at the site- this mobilization is occurring immediately in order to investigate and repair underground lines that are preventing the rooms from being occupied by families in need of housing. In addition to repairing the underground lines, they are also going to renovate the room with new fixtures and finishes. This is going to make a huge impact on ECTLC.
- Starbucks and Bill Lynn have mobilized their resources and taken on the task of redesigning and renovating the ECTLCs lobby area. This is the area where all guests of ECTLC and families and people coming to them get their first impression. It is currently a cold, uninviting area. That won't last for long based on what this team has committed to doing.
Did this update help you learn more about the event and our future plans? We hope it did. If you'd like to learn even more or get some details about something in particular, please let me know. I can be reached at email@example.com or (619)247-8387. You can also contact Jeff Dover at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972)805-0905.
Thanks again for learning more, and stay tuned for more updates........