Hello RFMA members,
Daylight Savings time officially ends early on Sunday, Nov.6th. It's time to turn the clocks back one(1) hour. This is also a perfect time to send a message out to all your restaurants reminding them to adjust their clocks and perform a few other housekeeping items, such as:
- Adjust time clocks for all interior/exterior lighting
- Change times for exterior signage on/off times (time clocks)
- Clean photocell lenses for exterior building and parking lot lights
- Check for burned out light bulbs in all exterior fixtures as it will be darker earlier
- Change programmable thermostat settings for proper times and temperatures
- Adjust irrigation controls to proper time and ensure they are properly winterized for the cold season, where geographically applicable
- Change times for the security systems, i.e., burglar, fire, and CCTV
- Adjust POS time setting if not done automatically
- Have roof drains cleaned out as they be be clogged from fall storms
- Check all exterior door sweeps for good conditions. Replace as needed.
- Ensure HVAC/R fall PM's have been completed or are scheduled
On your personal residence, now is a good time for:
- Change batteries in all smoke/CO2 detectors
- Change filter on ac/heating unit
- Clean out dryer vent
- Clean refrigerator coil
- Check windows for drafts, caulk where necessary
- Check all exterior door sweeps to ensure they are in good condition
- In the northern, colder climates, unhook all exterior hoses from their spigots
- Hope and pray for a mild winter
What did I miss? Always looking for feedback.
Dove and out.