Hello RFMA members,
Today's post is geared mainly towards our franchisee restaurant members and others with a small or no facilities staff. With the recent development of some of the larger chains franchising a majority of their corporate locations and the explosive growth of the fast casual segment, numerous additional franchisees have entered the restaurant industry. Typically the new restaurant owners may not have a dedicated facilities professional on staff. This is where RFMA can step in to assist. Our website and membership is full of useful, educational information to enable organizations to be more effective and efficient in handling the numerous facility related tasks that protect valuable company assets and save you money. Check out the following:
- Need a specialized vendor to clean your hoods, service the a/c's, or repair floor tile? Use the Member Directory and click on "Vendor Search".
- Are you hiring or building a Facilities Department? Look at the Job Descriptions in the Resource Library by clicking on "Facilities Toolkit", then post the position on our website.
- Need a preventative maintenance scope of work document to review and provide to vendors for a RFP? Again, check out the "Facilities Toolkit".
- Learn more about what facility professionals need to know to help with their job by reviewing the fourteen (14) certification/learning modules. They provide great educational information ranging from Energy Management to Plumbing. They are free to members and, after you review them, take the CRFP exam to get certified.
- Have a specific facility issue or question? Post it on one of the Forums under the "Insite" tab. No reason to spend valuable time researching a nagging issue that has probably already happened 100 times in other restaurants. Simply reach out to a peer for answers.
- Want to get more involved with RFMA? Join a committee, attend a regional event.
- Need information on a particular piece of equipment? Check out the "Industry Guide"
RFMA's mission is to equip members to advance their professional careers and organizations. Our purpose is to promote the advancement of the restaurant facility management professional.
Any questions or comments, feel free to call me anytime at (972) 805-0905, x-3.
Dover and out.