Hello RFMA members,
It's only the middle of February but warm weather is right around the corner. Are you, and your restaurants, ready? With the hot weather, there are several items to check to protect and prolong the life of your company's assets. The time is now for getting plans made for the following areas:
- Parking lots: with the long, cold, winter months, the lots take a beating, especially in the northern climates. Check for worn discolored sealer. Reseal and restripe where necessary. Check for new cracks and expanding potholes and repair accordingly.
- Roofs: a general inspection and clean up is required prior to the spring weather. Clean out all roof drains (should be done monthly) allowing for proper flow. Check all roof penetrations for any gaps and reseal as required. Check all areas where roofing membrane and flashing meet to ensure there are no places for moisture intrusion.
- HVAC's: have all units professionally serviced. The coils all need to be cleaned for optimal performance. Ensure the filters are changed and condensate lines are not clogged. Have all electrical connections checked. For a complete a/c maintenance list inspection report, visit the RFMA website under "Resource Library" and "Facilities Toolkit".
- Irrigation Systems: check to ensure the date & time are correct and the start/stop times are programmed properly. Check on battery back-up if applicable. Check for proper sprinkler head operation, cleaning out any dirt or obstructions. Replace broken/worn heads.
- Other: check for correct time clock settings for exterior lights to save energy and keep the facility safe. Inspect landscaping and trim all overgrown areas as necessary.
By completing these items, you will protect your stores, save energy dollars, and keep your customers and employees safe.
Dover and out.