Hello RFMA members,
Today's post is on CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System). As I have stated in some of my previous messages, it's time to get on board with utilizing a CMMS. With the tough economical challenges and the ever increasing cost reduction programs, it makes sense. Hopefully you have the time to research different companies to see what services and applications they have that will save money and time in reducing the administrative overhead and improving responsiveness. Some of the areas to investigate are:
- On time maintenance work
- Automatic store satisfaction survey generated after every service event. If operator is unhappy, vendor is automatically contacted to revisit the job to correct issue(s)
- Automated invoice processing. If operations was not satisfied with the job (see above) payment is suspended until end user is satisfied. No more hassles with vendors on credits when job is paid when not completed.
- Mobile Apps for work orders or project status
- Utilize existing local vendors, minimizing mark ups
- Create/manage RFP's
- Quicker vendor dispatching with only one (1) centralized call center for all facility work
- Auto report generating by specific fields, to give facilities professionals exactly what they need to ensure efficiency and spot problem areas
- Increased warranty savings
The savings generated by utilizing the above far outweigh the costs to implement a CMMS. Reduced administrative corporate support along with improved contractor performance will be the result. Operations will appreciate the increased effectiveness and control with the timing and quality of repairs. I would recommend reaching out with other RFMA restaurant members who use CMMS on a daily basis to get their input.
If you have any questions, let me know.
Dover and out.