Hello RFMA members,
It's time to turn the clocks back one (1) hour this Sunday (Nov. 1st) as Daylight Savings time ends. This presents an opportune time to send a message to all your stores reminding them to adjust their clocks and complete a few other housekeeping items, such as:
- Change times for exterior signage on/off times (time clocks)
- Adjust time clocks for all exterior/interior lighting
- Clean photocells for exterior lights
- Change programmable t-stat time settings
- Adjust irrigation on/off times, if applicable. These should already be winterized in the all areas of the country except the south & southwest
- Change times for security system(s), i.e., burglar, fire, & CCTV
- Adjust POS time setting (probably will be automatic)
- Check parking lot and building lights for any burnt out bulbs as it will be darker earlier
- Clean out roof drains as they may be clogged from the leaves falling
- Check dates of last service for PM services - greasetrap pumping, hood cleaning, fire suppression, and HVAC
- Ensure heat start up's have been completed on all heating units
On a personal note, this is a good time to check on the following at your residence:
- Change batteries in all smoke/CO2 detectors
- Clean refrigerator coils
- Change filter on air conditioning/heating unit
- Clean dryer vent
Now, breath a sigh of relief as the hurricane season is almost over and hope the winter is relatively mild!!
Have a great day.
Dover and out.