Hello RFMA members,
It's the middle of September and the weather is still warm but winter in right around the corner. Now is the time to ensure your facilities are prepared for cold weather. Following is a brief list of items to review and complete prior to the freezing cold:
- HVAC, make sure your stores are scheduled to be professional serviced for heat start-ups on the HVAC's. Wouldn't want a cracked heat exchanger noticed when it's needed most. May be a good time for new belts and air filters too.
- Roofs, make sure all roof drains are clean. With the increase moisture and freezing, want to make sure all water is being drained from the roof. Check the flashing and roof seams for damage. Freezing moisture will cause leaks in theses areas.
- Landscaping, drain all irrigation piping and unhook all exterior hoses from their spigots.
- Snow/Ice removal, do you have a current contract in place for snow/ice removal. Get it updated or your store will be last on the list for plowing when the weather hits.
- Outside lighting, it will be getting darker earlier. Check all outside building, walkway, and parking lighting to ensure they are working and check the timers for proper programming for on/off times.
- Thermostats, adjust programmable stats for winter operation accordingly.
- Exterior doors, check sweep conditions. Replace if needed.
Planning ahead now will save money, time, minimize business interruption, and increase safety at all your restaurants.
Have a great Fall.
Always looking for feedback.
Dover and out !