Hello RFMA members,
The last several weeks have seen a beehive of activity at The Journey Home. We are almost finished!! Most of the projects have been completed. There are still a few more to do but the facility looks great. A special thanks again to everyone who has generously donated equipment, materials, and manpower to all the projects. Also, thanks to all the companies and individuals who made financial donations. Check out the photos. Since the volunteer day, the following has been completed:
- Parking lot repairs along with a seal and stripe by Ben's Asphalt.
- Restroom remodels completed by Sapphire Construction. They not only did the rear restrooms but upgraded the front too.
- New dining room ceiling supplied and installed by Horizon Construction. They also replaced all the BOH kitchen tiles.
- New dining room LED lights, supplied by Restaurant Lighting Concepts, installed by Stones River Electric.
- New water softener supplied and installed by Culligan.
- New security system, including CCTV, supplied and installed by Tyco.
- New walk in freezer supplied by Thermal Kool and Mobile Fixture, refrigeration supplied by Heatcraft. Installed by H& H Mechanical, VMC Facilities LLC, and Stones River Electric.
- New a/c unit donated by Rheem, installed by H & H Mechanical.
- New stainless steel tables supplied by Florida Stainless, installed by Stones River Electric.
- New pass thru for dirty dishes completed by VMC Facilities Services.
- New roof supplied and installed by Versico Roofing.
The two (2) Co-Project Managers, Jim Roeger (Darden) and Gordon Bruner (VMC Facilities) have done a wonderful job of scheduling, coordinating, and supervising all these projects. The overall success is due to their passion and commitment to this great charity event.