Hello RFMA members,
Yesterday (June 11th) we held our initial conference call with the volunteers and the RFMA Gives Steering Committee. There was a tremendous attendance and we are very appreciative of how generous our members are. On the call we discussed projects where members have stepped up and assumed responsibility and also updated everyone on site surveys by several vendors in preparation of staring their jobs. Immediately after the call, I received several messages from our members inquiring into taking ownership of some of the outstanding projects. I continue to be amazed. Work will begin as resources become available. The summer months promise to be busy with activity at The Journey Home.
We are in need of help on the following items:
- Company to complete the new dishmachine installation along with other kitchen remodel items. Plumbing and electrical will be required.
- Construct metal exterior stairs from the second floor to ground.
- Install new ceiling in dining room. Tiles will be provided.
- Supply/install replacement security/CCTV system.
- Company to complete restroom remodels. Floor tile provided.
- Possible drink station equipment.
- 10-20 square/rectangle tables for dining room.
- 2 Bunn style coffee makers.
- Shelving for kitchen.
- Smallwares for kitchen.
- Financial donations to help with above projects.
Please get involved. To inquire into one of the above projects, feel free to contact me or one of our co-project managers, Jim Roeger of Darden or Gordon Bruner of VMC Facilities. Contact info is as follows:
Jeff Dover: email@example.com or (972) 805-0905, x-3
Jim Roeger: firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 867-2555
Gordon Bruner: email@example.com or (865) 947-5751
Also, please note, Jim Roeger lives only 3 miles from The Journey Home. If you would like to schedule a visit to review a project, feel free to contact him and, if he's available, he'll set up a time to meet onsite.
As stated previously, the Volunteer Day is Saturday, Sept. 12th from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. We have set up a special rate with a local hotel. Details with be forthcoming.Register for our RFMA Gives 2016 Volunteer Day on our Event Calendar or click here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact any one of us.
Thanks to everyone !!