Hello RFMA members,
As you are aware, the RFMA Gives 2016 project will be at The Journey Home (TJH) in Murfreesboro, TN. The co-chairs, Jim Roeger and Gordon Bruner, and myself visited the site a short time ago and have developed the potential projects list. It is as follows:
- Volunteer project managers – looking for individuals who are local to the Nashville area who are able to volunteer their time to manage and oversee portions of the project
- Kitchen design consultant needed to assess current kitchen for compliance to current local and national codes and to assist with new design to ease congestion
- Engineering consultant needed to assess current facility against local codes to determine required size of grease treatment (greasetrap) that would comply with local waste-water authority
- Service providers willing to provide repair service to hot and cold side equipment at no charge to the facility as needed with their current equipment
- Supply new exterior WIF (walk in freezer)
- Supply new/used electric tilt skillet
- Supply two (2) new coffee makers
- Supply drink station equipment
- Need new smallwares for kitchen
- Add ceiling tile in the dining room area (none exists)
- Add new LED lighting in dining area
- Replace the chairs and round tables in the dining room with square and/or rectangle tables or banquet seating. Need flexibility.
- Remove mop sink closet area under steps and convert to drink station
- Look into opening up wall in waiting area in front of dining room and add more seating, Add A/C in this area.
- Look into opening up wall by the serving station and recessing the serving table, allowing more room in dining area
- Replace wooden counter tops in the dining room area with stainless steel(S/S) counters
- Replace wooden counter tops in kitchen with S/S counters with storage underneath
- Install new/used dishmachine (one arm bandit type) in kitchen. Relocate closer to front wall. Install new drying shelves on dish wall.
- Remove the center cinder blocks on the front wall, encase with S/S and add new S/S counter that ties into dishmachine
- Add additional storage racks in kitchen above production table, including electric
- Clean the exhaust hood, ductwork, and fan. Provide regular, periodic cleanings.
- Check on current Ansul system compliance. Relocate nozzles accordingly.
- Check on existing greasetrap for proper operation. Clean and supply new, if required. Existing is floor model, maybe 100 gallon.
- Replace lighting in basement with LED type
- Replace existing inoperable security system, including cameras, burglar and fire alarms.
- Move front lobby wall to back side of credenza in the waiting area
- Replace lights in lobby area
- Replace the ceiling in the lobby and waiting areas
- Replace homemade partitions in office area
- Remodel exiting restrooms with new flooring, countertops, shower fixture, etc.
- Replace lights upstairs with LED type
- Replace back staircase going up from the kitchen. Install door at landing upstairs.
- Install new floor tile in the front lobby, waiting, and computer areas
- Paint the majority of all interior walls
- Paint the exterior of the building
- Reseal/stripe the small existing parking lot. Repair pot holes in back of lot.
- Look into providing new back lit sign on front of building
- Replace approximately ½ of roof. Leaks.
- Install a new WIF (walk in freezer) on the back dock
- Replace/repair existing HVAC’s. Provide periodic service.
- Provide periodic filter changes for HVAC’s
Please get involved in this wonderful RFMA charity project. If you would like to visit the location, feel free to contact Jim Roeger as he lives close to the site and can arrange a short tour. The volunteer day is planned for Saturday, September 12th.
Feel free to contact either Jim Roeger, Gordon Bruner, or myself to volunteer for any above items or other donations.
Jim Roeger: firstname.lastname@example.org. Office number: (615) 867-2555.
Gordon Bruner: email@example.com. Office number: (865) 947-5751.
Jeff Dover: firstname.lastname@example.org. Office number: (972) 805-0905, x-3.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.