Aren’t we done? No, but we will wrap up before our convention. Here is an update on some of the things that were recently done. Still have some great things coming up so stay tuned…..
What has been going on recently?
· Walkin Freezer was installed. Thanks to the efforts of many, we successfully completed the install of the Walkin Freezer at ECTLC. Why is this unit so important? Bed bugs. Yes, bed bugs. Facilities like ECTLC constantly face the challenge brought on by bed bugs because of the constant influx of new residents. Controlling the introduction and infestations is difficult for them based on the lack of resources. One way to control the influx of bed bugs is to freeze peoples clothing/items before they enter the rooms. Prior to RFMA Gives 2015, all that ECTLC had to do this was a small trunk freezer. As a result, they were not able to freeze the majority of items from new residents before they entered their room. Well, that is not an issue now thanks to the Walkin Freezer that was installed and fired up this week. See attached photos of the old trunk freezer and the new box that was installed. Special thanks go out to the following groups for making this all happen:
Ø Facility Solutions, Inc. for the donation of the new WIF box
Ø Heatcraft for the donation of the Evap coil and condensing unit for the new box.
Ø Billy To, Panda Express Restaurant Group and their vendors for the coordination and installation of the unit. They worked with their vendor base to provide the additional materials and labor needed to get this box installed. Vendors who supported their efforts were: EA Mechanical, JJ Herman, Action Sales, and All Weather.
· Phase 1 of the kitchen modifications occurred. Thanks to the great work by Classic Installs, we were able to remove over 30’ of SS cabinets and concrete curbs that were not needed in the dining room/sanctuary. Yes, 30’ of concrete curbs were removed. Wow! In addition, they put in place the Dish machine and Triple sink donated by Red Lobster. The addition of the dish machine will provide ECTLC with better dishwashing capabilities. Also, the install of the triple sink will now provide them with an NSF compliant sink for washing dishes. As phase 1 implies, this is just the beginning of what Classic Installs is doing and we can’t wait to share with you more updates once phase 2 begins in the next few weeks.
· Power-washing of all hardscape areas at the residents building was completed by HOODZ. This was done post volunteer event to remove all debris left over from the painting of the buildings as well as the renovation of the playground.
· New filter replacement service for all HVAC units was implemented by Bonded Filter. They will continue this service for another 5 years at no cost to ECTLC. Wow!
· The team at Chipotle is doing some great things for RFMA Gives via some amazing donations. They are not only performing some big repairs to the AC units at the facility this week, but they are also donating some great stuff. Not all of this has occurred yet, but wanted to foreshadow these things to you as they are amazing!
Again, stay tuned for more…..