The volunteer event is near. We hope to see you all at the end of this week for this great event. We still have plenty of needs and wish-list items to fulfill so if you have interest in learning more about where we need help, contact Jeff or I at anytime.
As a reminder: key details on the volunteer event are below:
* Address of facility is 1527 E. Main Street; El Cajon, CA 92021
* Arrival time each day is 8:15
* Light breakfast (pastries and juice) and lunch will be provided each day
* Carpool if possible
* Dress accordingly - we will be painting
* Smoking will need to occur off-premises during the event
Now, on to the great news about our event. Amazing things are happening at ECTLC. To help you learn more about this, below is a recap of some new events or contributions that have officially started or that have actually taken place since our last BLOG entry. I still can't believe what is happening. To make it even more amazing, we haven't even begun so many other wonderful things at this site. So even more items will occur between next week and our convention in February.
What new items have occurred or started at ECTLC since the last posting?
- Back dock roof replacement began. West Coast Construction has stepped up and taken on the task of replacing the back dock structure. The previous structure was poorly designed, structurally failing, and not water-tight. The repair of the structure will help solve all of these issues. West Construction also stepped up and provided ECTLC with items they weren't even expecting. New lights for the parking lot, lights for the back dock and exterior of the building were also provided by them in addition to a new air curtain.
- (5) new commercial water heaters were provided and are being installed by The Water Heater Man out of Arizona. This will provide ECTLC with all new water heaters for their facilities. This is huge for them as the units were all old and nearing failure and eventual replacement. Therefore, this work is saving them money and downtime over the next few years.
- Replacement of all (3) Makeup air units for the kitchen - the facility doesn't have AC in the kitchen. To make matters worse, only 1 of the 3 units were even working. This makes their kitchen a very uncomfortable area to work in during hot times (and it gets hot in El Cajon, CA). Ecotech is the company who is making all this happen. They not only provided the new units and associated material, but also the installation.
- New ice machine and bin were installed - a new 1400# remote unit and 900# bin were donated through the efforts of the Panda Restaurant group. Through their partners (Western Pacific Distributors and DS Refrigeration) this was made possible. This new unit provides the folks at ECTLC with an new unit that replaces a unit that was on its last legs. In addition, it provided them with higher output and a remote unit which will dump less heat into the kitchen then the old self-contained unit.
- Donation of smallwares by FMP - the team at FMP received a wish list of items needed by the folks at ECTLC and immediately turned around and sent them all the items on their list. This is a huge blessing for this team as they do not have funds to buy new items like this.
- Replacement of cracked bath tub surrounds occurring by Plumbing Master. There were (2) rooms that had cracked surrounds that have needed replacement for quite some time. Unfortunately, they didn't have the money or resources to replace these and have been living with these poor conditions for quite some time. Plumbing Master learned about this and immediately took action and acquired the materials and resources needed within a week's time of learning about this.
- Shirts, gloves, and other protective gear for the volunteer has been provided by the folks at Cintas. Those of you who are at the volunteer event will get a chance to see (and wear) these cool items soon.
- Free pickups of a (40) yard dumpster have been provided by the folks at RockTenn. This not only saves us money for the volunteer event, but this will provide over 2 months of savings for the folks at ECTLC as this unit is also being used for their regular waste. This is a large expense for them so it is a great win for the facility and this project.
- Filter system and filter for ice machine was donated by 3M.
- Hoods, grease ducts, and rooftop fans were professionally cleaned by HOODZ.
- Lobby remodel is still occurring and will wrap up in time for our event. You'll want to see this amazing work being done by CGP Construction and Starbucks.
- Filming of all the above work continues to occur thanks to the great efforts of the team at DWM Facilities Maintenance. You'll get a chance to see this first hand at our convention in February.
- Financial donation by DWM Facilities Maintenance
- Financial donation by CMS mechanical
- Financial donation by Don Turner at Darden
- Financial donation by Jack McNertney at Red Lobster
- Financial donation by Scott Smith at MX services
- Financial donation by Dentco
Please join me in thanking all the above companies who are doing such great things at ECTLC. We will keep you informed about all other work as it occurs as there are many more wonderful things about to happen, and we want to ensure you know what these items are and who has so graciously helped make then happen.